We have the following facilities for our disabled patients:
- There are clearly marked disabled parking bays near to the entrance door
- If you need help with the patient doors please ring the bell on the right hand side of the door and a receptionist will be available to assist
- Reception is equipped with a hearing loop for the hard of hearing
- We have seats in the waiting area at varying heights
- All our consulting rooms are on the ground floor
- We have wide doors for ease of access for wheel chair users
- We have a separate toilet suitable for disabled patients
- If you have difficulty in using our electronic patient check in then please check in via reception.
- We have an electronic system for calling patients through for their appointment. If you have difficulty in reading the TV screen then please advise reception so that alterntive arrangements can be made
- We have a wheelchair available for use at the practice when required
Broomfield Park Medical Centre follows the newly introduced Accessible Information Standard. This involves identifying, recording and flagging, sharing and meeting the information and communication needs of our patients with a disability or sensory loss. The standard aims to ensure that people who a special communication need receive information that they can access and understand for example in large print, braille or via email. We hope this will increase health outcomes and reduce inequalities for patients who require additional assistance beyond the normal.
Please ensure that if you have any particular communication needs that you let the practice know. We will then do our best to meet those needs thereby allowing you to have equal opportunity to use our services.